Got a hankering for something sweet? Foursquare users say the following five are the best in Bergen County:
1. Van Dyk's Ice Cream , Ridgewood (9.2/10, 136 ratings). Users are saying the Ackerman Avenue shop has the best homemade ice cream in the area. Don't leave without trying the raspberry truffle ice cream. Coffee and rum raisin are listed as other favorites.
2. Archetypus Cafe , Edgewater (8.9/10, 202 ratings). This cavernous yet cozy cafe seems to be among the best spots for a hot date. The Forbidden Brownie Seduction seems to suggest that, too.
3. Glaze Donuts , New Milford (8.9/10, 88 ratings). The renowned doughnut shop has become well-known for its maple-bacon doughnut, invented by owner Jule Hazou in his kitchen. They've also got other unique flavors like Italian rainbow cookie, cannoli or just a simple chocolate, if you're into that sort of thing.
4. T he Cheesecake Factory , Hackensack (8.6/10, 569 ratings). Located in the Riverside Square Mall, this famous restaurant serves more than just what its name suggests. Foursquare users suggest the mac 'n cheese balls and chicken bellaggio. But if you do want the cheesecake, New York style isn't all they offer: think tiramisu, Oreo, cookie dough and more.
5. Ice Cream Charlie's, Rutherford (8.5/10, 44 ratings). There doesn't seem to be a "right" or "wrong" order at this Park Avenue parlor. Users are saying it's all great stuff. Among unique favorites are caramel-swirl with crushed Oreo, raspberry truffle and lemon merengue. One catch: no credit cards.