HACKENSACK, N.J. — A Hackensack couple say they found a watch battery in their dinner at the Chipotle in Hackensack on Monday evening.
Toney Jackson told Daily Voice his wife, Danielle, was halfway done with her to-go burrito bowl from the Hackensack Avenue location when she bit into something hard.
At first, she thought it was a bone. Then, she thought it was a magnet.
"Then she handed it to me, and realized it was a watch battery," Jackson said. "She had a metallic taste in her mouth, and we are both thankful she didn't swallow it."
The Jacksons were concerned because it was a batery that they say had been heated in the food, and didn't know if anything dangerous had gotten into Danielle's mouth.
They called poison control for safe measure, and also were fearful that Danielle — who is nursing — could pass something harmful to the baby, Toney told Daily Voice.
Jackson said the store manager was not available Monday evening but plans on speaking with her first thing Tuesday to discuss the matter.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.