SADDLE BROOK, N.J. -- The Saddle Brook Senior Center has two daylong trips planned in coming months -- and it continues to offer a variety of ongoing activities and services.
Here are the trips in the works:
- June 23 -- Stony Hill Inn and Moments to Remember -- $45, lunch is included, must provide own transportation
- July 21 -- Shrimp Box and River Belle Cruise -- $68, includes lunch and transportation
For more information on these trips, call Evelyn Tortora at 201-791-4962.
The Center is available for Saddle Brook residents 55 years and older on a daily basis, from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The senior bus is available for doctor's visits from 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday through Wednesday, subject to certain restrictions.
Food shopping assistance is available on Thursday at Shop-Rite. Shopping requests must be called in by Monday of that week. There are also mall shopping trips every Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. RSVP to Joe Lecce at 201-845-4594.
There are also weekly activities at the Center:
- Mondays -- line dancing at 10 a.m.
- Tuesdays -- exercise class at 10:15 a.m. -- Senior Citizens Club meeting at 1 p.m.
- Wednesday -- bingo at 1 p.m. (but arrive by 12:45 p.m.)
- Thursdays -- exercise class at 10:15 a.m. -- Happy Stitchers at 1 p.m. Donations of yarn are appreciated and can be dropped off at the Center. For a Happy Stitchers video, click here.
Along with the activities, visitors may browse through books and spend quiet time reading, play a game of pool, shuffleboard, or bring friends and play cards and chat. There are also free coffee and cookies.
The Center is located at 8 Caldwell Ave. For more info, call Joe Lecce at 201-845-4594.