MONTVALE, N.J. -- Snow days can be perfect for a slow cooker recipe.
Chef Gwynn Galvin, creator of Swirls of Flavor food blog and a national culinary expert based in Montvale, advises trying her Slow Cooker Chicken Chili full of chicken, beans, corn and seasonings, It can be served with hot cooked rice or wrapped up in tortillas.
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut in chunks
- 1 envelope (1.25 ounces) chili seasoning mix
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Toss chicken and chili seasoning until evenly coated and arrange in bottom of slow cooker.
- Combine salsa, corn and black beans and pour over chicken.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high.
- Top with cheddar cheese, sour cream and chopped cilantro.
- Serve, if desired, with hot cooked rice or in tortillas.