ELMWOOD PARK, N.J. -- The Summer Jam Basketball Camp will be from June 27 to July 1, for first- through eighth-graders, directed by Kevin Tuohey, Elmwood Park High School's head coach of boys basketball.
The objective of Summer Jam Basketball Camp is to develop young players and teach them tools to be successful at the high school and collegiate level. "We teach self-confidence, discipline and how to work hard to be successful in basketball and life," organizers note.
"Coach Tuohey brings a wealth of knowledge from the high school level. He spent seven seasons as an assistant coach at Fort Lee, Manchester and Elmwood Park High Schools."
Tuohey became Elmwood Park's boys head coach in 2012. He's led the Crusaders to two NJIC Colonial Titles, in 2013 and 2016, and won the Conference Coach of the Year award.
The camp features an air-conditioned facility; sneaker and prize shootouts; two games daily, including playoffs; a free camp t-shirt; adjustable hoops for young campers; and CPR/AED-certified staff members.
Here's the daily schedule:
- 9-9:20 a.m. -- attendance, announcements and stretching
- 9:20-10:45 a.m. -- stations and fundamentals of basketball
- 10:45 a.m. to noon -- morning games and contests
- noon to 12:45 -- lunch -- Each camper is responsible for bringing his/her lunch, or pizza can be purchased on-site. Beverages and snacks can also be purchased daily.
- 12:45-1:30 p.m. -- stations
- 1:30- 2:55 p.m. -- afternoon games and contests
- 2:55-3 p.m. -- wrap up and dismissal
The weekly cost is $150, and you can enroll at the door on the first day of camp. Registration is between 8-9 a.m.
The camp will be held at Elmwood Park High School, 375 River Rd. Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.