ELMWOOD PARK, N.J. -- A woman was hospitalized with hand and facial burns Thursday night after a gas explosion in an Elmwood Park house, police told Daily Voice.
"A stove in a first-floor kitchen was leaking gas and there was an explosion," Police Chief Michael Foligno told Daily Voice. "We have an adult female victim with minor to moderate burns to her face and hand."
She was taken to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Paterson, the chief said.
Firefighters, police and and other emergency responders rushed to the Martha Avenue home after windows and a garage door were reportedly blown out just before 7:30 p.m.
First responders reported a heavy smell of gas.
CHECK BACK FOR MORE DETAILS
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.